Friday, January 10, 2014

Introduction for Going to the Movies: 20th Century Film

Hello, I'm Janusia Figueiredo.  If my name is too much for you, I also go by "Janee" (it's pronounced like "Johnny", but with a French-like rolled J).  Some people know me, most don't.  Here's what I generally look like:
So gorgeous, I should be a Victoria's Secret model.
I'm a third-year Fine Arts major at DAAP, at the University of Cincinnati.  I currently commute from home and work at Macy's up at the Kenwood mall.  My general interests include anime and manga, Western comics and cartoons, music, video games, and of course...films.

I'd like to think that I have a broad interest in films; the ones I like range from Tim Buton's The Nightmare Before Christmas (which, arguably, is my absolute favorite movie), to Better Off Dead (with John Cusack), to Pedro Almodovar's Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown.  I have yet to see any "classics" such as Citizen Kane or The Godfather, and I really want to see them.  At least, before I die.

I'm taking the Going to the Movies Spring 2014 class because, even though I like movies, I don't really know much about them.  I want to learn more about camera techniques, visual effects and screenplay writing.  I'm pretty sure I'll get that out of this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment